Forums Active Chat Moderators

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Increasingly on / in the Freedom chat I have seen people carelessly reposting threads, channel links and other url's into the freedom chat. Even when other members, and myself have pointed out that this type of thread dumping and promotion isn't allowed, as outlined in the chat rules they still continue.

As such I was wondering if it would be possible to introduce some chat moderators, while this might not sound the most glamorous idea, as they would just view the chat throughout the day and help potentially sanction those people who continuous ignore the chat rules I think it would be greatly beneficial and helpful to the Freedom chat.

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
We currently do sanction those that break the rules, simply reporting a comment will flag it up to us and we can take appropriate action. We do view the chat but is impossible to have someone every second of the day. So continue to report and people will soon get the hint :)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
We currently do sanction those that break the rules, simply reporting a comment will flag it up to us and we can take appropriate action. We do view the chat but is impossible to have someone every second of the day. So continue to report and people will soon get the hint :)
If you don't mind me asking what are the sorts of sanctions that are imposed on people who don't follow the group chat rules, as I have been on several times in the last few weeks and seen repeat "offenders" still using the chat even though I / other members of the community have reported them previously. I'm not meaning to sound harsch and I absolutely love the work you as mods do for the Freedom community but I personally think more might need to done in the future.

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
As the rules state, first offence is a warning, second is a temporary ban and then permanent bans. Of course if what someone posts warrants an instant ban then we can skip the warnings etc.

So that is why you may see the same person several times, but each report does add up and eventually will lead to a permanent chat ban for them :)