YouTube Heads up! YouTube strikes for playlists on channels now!

Do you think striking for Playlists helps the platform?

• Yes

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hello everyone!

Just to get you a quick heads-up: You might want to check your playlists for videos by OTHER CHANNELS breaking YouTube's Terms now. I know, it's crazy.
YouTubers all over the platform have been reporting Strikes and Warnings for their Playlists, even their private "Watch later" Playlists.

This might be a good time to clear out videos which may violate the Community Guidelines from any playlists you have on your main channels and use a different YouTube/Google Account to watch and save videos to keep your channel safe.

What do you think about this?

I think it's a double-edged sword as it might help slow the spread of videos that violate the Community Guidelines but will definitely change the way viewers share content for the worse. In the end, sharing videos in Playlists and Playlist4Playlist are very large pillars to grow channels...

Have you had this happen to you? Let's discuss below!

Here's a video by George explaining the situation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLxLYo5_7D3Scu2iZbwFsyzutxPcd9uCzw&v=x8p8iAoGiMo
Also see Tips.tm for more information:
https://tip.tm/youtube-strikes-playlists

finegamingconnoisseur

Freedom! Member
May 18, 2017
www.youtube.com
YouTube
YouTube needs to be a bit more sensible and put the blame right where it belongs - The offending video and no one else. Maybe just add a warning flag on the video thumbnail so that people will be cautioned that it contains questionable content and steer viewers away from it. Or just take down the offending video so no one can even see it in the first place.

The solution YouTube has taken is only going to punish innocent users, in my opinion.