YouTube How to prevent your channel from YouTube Termination!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
Recently, YouTube terminated large channels - Don't let this happen to you by following these steps:

Step 1: Carefully read everything YouTube wrote at: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973
Step 2: Never use http://www.adf.ly - ever
Step 3: Never put tags into your video description.
Step 4: Always use relevant tags.
Step 5: Never use deceptive titles, descriptions or thumbnails.

LiquidOCELOT

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 11, 2014
can you pls elaborate on not putting tags in description, i have seen alot of people do that when i saw the video george said not put misleading tags, not even put any tags at all in description ?

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
can you pls elaborate on not putting tags in description, i have seen alot of people do that when i saw the video george said not put misleading tags, not even put any tags at all in description ?

That falls under Metadada, this is what YouTube says about it:

Misleading metadata
Metadata refers to any and all additional information provided on a video. This includes the title, description, tags, annotations, and thumbnail. The reason we have metadata is so that you can add additional contextual information to your videos. Please do not use these features to game or trick our search algorithms. All metadata should be representative of the content contained in your video. Among other things, metadata added in an attempt to game search algorithms will lead to the removal of your video and a strike against your account.

Please select a reasonable number of tags that most closely reflect your video content. Please also only add tags to the tag section of your metadata. Adding additional tags to the description of your video may constitute spam and can result in the removal of your video.

Basically don't use tags outside of the tag function, when people add it to the description they are trying to manipulate the system.

Freirito Games

New User
Jan 17, 2015
Good Morning, sorry to bother you but why the monetization stopped for my account?
I have a good status on Community Guidelines and Copyright
What should i do or not to do next?
My Channel is www.youtube.com/FreiritoGames

Thanks for your support

LiquidOCELOT

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 11, 2014
That falls under Metadada, this is what YouTube says about it:

Misleading metadata
Please select a reasonable number of tags that most closely reflect your video content. Please also only add tags to the tag section of your metadata. Adding additional tags to the description of your video may constitute spam and can result in the removal of your video.

Basically don't use tags outside of the tag function, when people add it to the description they are trying to manipulate the system.

Thanks for clearing it out this is very useful information, cause alot of these charlatan "how to get more views" videos on youtube are telling people to do exactly what i was referring to!

LiquidOCELOT

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 11, 2014
Please I can use "shorte.st" ???? it's a website to short URl and it's rapid and effective
and my 2nd anwer, in algeria there are many channel use fake tags and fake desciption, why these channels are not closed if??
You must realize that the people who are selling scammy software/ scammy movies the latest releases and trailers not just have one channel, they make like 100+ channels and post just one or two videos just so that people get to click these links in the description box, they got nothing to loose cause youtube will delete one, two or maximum 20 channels at a time but they still are making channels and uploading every day. Thats why youtube cannot may be delete every channel if you are doing it the legit way i recon you delete all the tags in description and also the non relevant tags in the tags bar thats the best way to go about it.

Reactions: Kan

aka

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
YouTube
Recently, YouTube terminated large channels - Don't let this happen to you by following these steps:

Step 1: Carefully read everything YouTube wrote at: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973
Step 2: Never use http://www.adf.ly - ever
Step 3: Never put tags into your video description.
Step 4: Always use relevant tags.
Step 5: Never use deceptive titles, descriptions or thumbnails.

i nedd a small clarification about meaning of relevant tags
i'll make an example:
let's say i upload videos of a game where the main goal is to kill zombie and aliens
my tags should look like this: "Name of the game" "zombie" aliens"
ok this is clear but...
if one day i upload a video of the same game but only show aliens kills and no zombie at all
i can keep the same tags as i mention above and include "zombie" as well? or delete the zombie tag?
maybe are not clearly show on the video i uploaded but they are relevant for the game itself since the game talk about zombie as well.
i hope you understand what i mean :)

Cubed Network

Freedom Network
Freedom! Member
Status
Not open for further replies.