Other Milestone New Ryzen Build!

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
I've had a full-on upgrade in the works since December of last year or so and have been long due for an upgrade anyway, having last built a full rig back during November 2010 so I've received some major hardware upgrades but also have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 to properly take advantage of my new Ryzen 5!

I would have gotten a 1600 or maybe even a 1600X but the 1500X is marginally cheaper since I live with my family and only have an income of $300 monthly as a content creator. I can always upgrade later. I received the last of my parts on the 5th after dealing with the joke that Ontrac is.

They delivered my new PSU, SSD and anti-static wrist strap and toolkit 3 days late (was supposed to arrive Feb 2nd), however, my new PSU; an EVGA SuperNova G3 650W Fully-Modular PSU arrived DOA. I've already begun to short an RMA out with EVGA atm. It had to be Ontrac and not me as I had an anti-static wrist strap on the entire time. I've recycled some of my parts from my old rig for the moment, such as my PSU (more than good enough!), my old ATX case, wireless card, my extra storage (120 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD) and my Elgato card plus am currently going for cheaper RAM instead as any RAM that is 16GB kit or higher is absurdly expensive right now due to the market.

I could also use a couple of fans for my case but my rig is fine atm. I do wanna get a new case some point down the line as I want to move my old rig back into this case and buy another HDD to stuff into and use it as a home server or HTPC. I then spent the rest of the week troubleshooting with my motherboard as I initially was stuck troubleshooting the bios/mobo and had to go back to using my old Win7 rig, due to no usb or ps/2 mouse to do any installs even for Win7 as with the conundrums that Ryzen dropped support for Win7 and Ryzen doesn't have native USB driver support for Win7 installation from USB/Drive.

I then suddenly remembered I had an 8 GB flashdrive on my kitchen table to stash Win10 install media into. That was quite the eureka moment for me. I successfully got Windows 10 installed on the 7th. It took me about two or almost three days to reinstall all my essential stuff, and the majority of today and yesterday to setup/configure OBS and VEGAS 14 again to their optimal settings for myself but now my new battle station is ready to go! Along with the full specs below, I've got some pictures of my build on the inside of the case.

Build (in the case):
https://imgur.com/a/y7rgT

Specs said:
Case: Raidmax Smilodon Mid-Tower ATX
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W (Semi-Modular)
Motherboard: MSI B350 PC Mate ATX AM4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core @3.5 GHz
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
CPU-Paste: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 SC @3GB VRAM
RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4-2133
Boot-Drive: SanDisk Ultra 3D 250 GB Sata-III/NAND SSD (in an Icy Dock 3.5" Enclosure)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB Sata-III/TLC SSD & WD-Black 1TB HDD @7200 RPM & WD-RE4 2TB HDD @7200 RPM
Other: Asus PCE-N15 PCI-E Wireless Card & Elgato HD60 Pro