Dashboard Important issue regarding the "PlayNow" feature

VASIL7112

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2016
vasil7112.com
YouTube
IMPORTANT ISSUE : I'd just like to let you know, George or the Developers, that your "Suggest Products" page need to be updated immediately.

I was trying different things and i found out that it can be "blocked" or shall i say "vanished" if a user is using an Adblock (And there are a lot of users that use adblock). As result, i would suggest instead of "iframing" the usersupport page for suggestions, to either find another way to embed it in the "Suggest Products" page, or just create your own suggestion page. If i am not mistaking you are using actually Laravel, so it should be easy (i believe) to create a quick voting system from scratch for now, and then upgrading it while time passes.

Just a random user,
Vasil7112

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
@VASIL7112

With Adblocker installed I can still use the page.
Can I ask what version of adblocker are you on? and if you have any other plugins installed.
You're also right we use Laravel heavily :)

Stef

VASIL7112

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2016
vasil7112.com
YouTube
@VASIL7112

With Adblocker installed I can still use the page.
Can I ask what version of adblocker are you on? and if you have any other plugins installed.
You're also right we use Laravel heavily :)

Stef

Hey there again,
I am using the latest Adblock Plus for Chrome. At the same time i am using:
EditThisCookie (For all websites)
Easy Steamgifts (For steamgifts only)
JSON Formatter
Norton Identity Safe
Tubebuddy (R.I.P Soon ;( )
Netbeans Connector
Inline Text translator / Translate Selected text

None of them other than adblock plus should interfere with your page :/

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Hi,

we will look into this soon. As this is a case where people can pause ad-blocker however,its lower priority for us at the moment.

I'm still struggling to replicate this personally so if you think of anything else that might be useful please let me know.(Maybe your adblocker is set up very aggressively ?)

Stef

Last edited:

VASIL7112

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2016
vasil7112.com
YouTube
Hi,

we will look into this soon. As this is a case where people can pause ad-blocker however,its lower priority for us at the moment.

I'm still struggling to replicate this personally so if you think of anything else that might be useful please let me know.(Maybe your adblocker is set up very aggressively ?)

Stef
Hey there again,
Sorry for the late answer, but i had some important work previously.

My adblocker is working on the default settings. I do understand the reason you place it on a low priority, but just a notification: The first time i tried to check the suggestion tab, i thought you didn't set it up (since the adblocker was blocking it). So as result i am not sure if other members that might experienced the same issue just though, oh this is a Work in Progress page, i will check that another day e.t.c

Again, sorry for the late answer.
Kind regards,
vasil7112

P.S: When i manage to find some extra time, i will check if i can find a way to replicate the issue step-by-step.

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
It's been marked as low as:-
1) If we can't replicate it we don't know where to start to look at fixing it
2)We have tried this on several systems with several different configurations with no luck replicating it
3)Thus far the only report of this issue we have received is from yourself so it does not appear to be a widespread problem

If you can provide us with some steps to replicate the issue we can take another look and re-evaluate it it would be very much appreciated :)

Stef

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Hey Vasil7112,

I was using a different ad block hence non replication.Sorry about that.
This is not something we can easily fix the issue is the easy privacy portion of the addon (Which is a Manuel user install not a default). Within this file is

userreport.com^$third-party

We use userreport.com to achieve the feedback system.

From what we can tell more users also use this extension to block adds not the one you have installed.

At the moment as there is only yourself reporting the issue the us we have agreed its not a top priority but we will look to address it at some point.

Stef

VASIL7112

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2016
vasil7112.com
YouTube
Hey Vasil7112,

I was using a different ad block hence non replication.Sorry about that.
This is not something we can easily fix the issue is the easy privacy portion of the addon (Which is a Manuel user install not a default). Within this file is

userreport.com^$third-party

We use userreport.com to achieve the feedback system.

From what we can tell more users also use this extension to block adds not the one you have installed.

At the moment as there is only yourself reporting the issue the us we have agreed its not a top priority but we will look to address it at some point.

Stef

So, i gave it a quick thinking and here is what i came up with:

You could potentially add a small jQuery script on the page that checks if the iframe with the class .future (the userreport iframe) has an actual height of 0 or if the display is with the value of "none" due to the adblocker. If so, make visible a small message-box that says to disable adblock since it may be blocking the suggestion page.

I think that it could be a quick and easy solution. I am not sure if it will work 100%, but it is something that you can give it a go when you have some free time.

I consider this as already resolved since you are aware of the issue and have a way to replicate it.

I'll be here if you require me for any testing.

Have a great night,
Kind regards,
Vasil7112