Complaints [PETITION] Keep the Forum chat

Do you want to keep the Forum chat? (Petition)

• Yes

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001

o_O

Why throw away the Forum Chat like that though? In my opinion it was a bit of a quiet place at times though there were also times where someone'd just pop in and ask a question and get it answered. While yes, it was hard to moderate people popping in to leave a link it was directly tied to Forum warns. I don't really know what I should think about it...

Thanks for reading this thread
~ salty kid

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Yea, I'm curious about this too. How is it going to say on the forum page, or isn't it? I like being able to talk in chat when I want to and still being able to write a post at the same time without having two tabs open. If you do make it work somehow are you gonna give the people who bough colour chat in the store the same in the discord? e.t.c. Maybe give it a beta trail with some of us and try and integrate it into the forums well. Just some thoughts.​

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Yea, I'm curious about this too. How is it going to say on the forum page, or isn't it? I like being able to talk in chat when I want to and still being able to write a post at the same time without having two tabs open. If you do make it work somehow are you gonna give the people who bough colour chat in the store the same in the discord? e.t.c. Maybe give it a beta trail with some of us and try and integrate it into the forums well. Just some thoughts.​
Inb4 chat just gets moved to discord, we lose our credits and bans get synced to the forums eks dee

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I'm pretty sad that the forum chat is going. To me it seems like a end of an era (clearly not so dramatic) but I shall definitely miss it.

Reactions: LW

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I'm pretty sad that the forum chat is going. To me it seems like a end of an era (clearly not so dramatic) but I shall definitely miss it.
I mean it was inevitable that it'd be replaced sooner or later, still it kind of sucks as many people really enjoyed it. At this point I'm just hoping the discord server will get better than I can remember it having been. It was a long time coming sadly.

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
Well, honestly I find it wrong to remove it.
Since it was not only a place where people discussed small topics and just chill, but also a place for new users to get a quick answer to a question related towards the forums.
Moving it all to discord will kind of ruin that flow, since it will require the user to have both a Freedom Forum Account and a Discord Account.
In my opinion, it will make it harder since there is already a few issues related to using of multi-account platforms. If we just take notice of the issues some users have when it just comes to the support ticket system.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
In my opinion, it will make it harder since there is already a few issues related to using of multi-account platforms. If we just take notice of the issues some users have when it just comes to the support ticket system.
Well the ticketing system does use Freedom! OAuth accounts now, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. I agree with the multi account thing.

ONE & JULLE

Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2017
Finland
YouTube
It honestly sucks that it's getting removed. They should at least get new mods on the discord channel because currently, they are HORRIBLE. I got banned for the dumbest reason and other people saying extreme things are left alone. saying "stupid" will get you banned. Also if you criticize someone's content you get banned. If they remove the forum chat there will be no good live chat available.
I so agree with this

Reactions: Unreal Sounds

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
It honestly sucks that it's getting removed. They should at least get new mods on the discord channel because currently, they are HORRIBLE. I got banned for the dumbest reason and other people saying extreme things are left alone. saying "stupid" will get you banned. Also if you criticize someone's content you get banned. If they remove the forum chat there will be no good live chat available.
1up
Yes I am banned there too and agree quite a bit...

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube

o_O

Why throw away the Forum Chat like that though? In my opinion it was a bit of a quiet place at times though there were also times where someone'd just pop in and ask a question and get it answered. While yes, it was hard to moderate people popping in to leave a link it was directly tied to Forum warns. I don't really know what I should think about it...

~ salty kid

I'm sorry can we just enlarge that last line a bit?

~ salty kid
Yep. Just what I thought xD

But in all seriousness I don't think discord should replace the forum chat. the forums provide a centralised place for communication and collaboration. I personally have never had any problems with the discord staff but I still use the forum chat.

P.S I'm working on uncovering the identity of the person behind this crisis (photoshop artwork coming soon)[DOUBLEPOST=1494668084][/DOUBLEPOST]BREAKING NEWS!
We Interrupt this Program to Bring you an important Update on the forum crisis:

It is believed that a koala codenamed professor steamed been secretly working in an underground bunker for a company known as Freedom Family Inc. We bring you insider Photos of this top secret operation:
chat.png
Stay Tuned to TLDR News for More Updates and insider reports!

Last edited:

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Oh Jeez, let's take this one hit at a time shal we?

o_O

~ salty kid
MMM,

Why try to save a chat that as of this writing has 2 people online and 0 (other than myself) admins/mods watching? It's bad form to keep it open just because. I've been watching the chat for about 2 months now. Rarely do mods/admins show up (with a couple exceptions) to make themselves known, and it's even more rare for people to get a response while they are actually online. I've looked today and it seems better but I fear that this life support won't last and isn't worth the time spent on it where admins/mods could be more helpful to the community and the company.

We're still trying to figure this out. the change is a month or two off so we're just notifying people that we are looking for a better way to serve them and... like actually provide them people to talk to. Discord is the obvious winner here as far as users, marketshare, and ability to moderate.

Inb4 chat just gets moved to discord, we lose our credits and bans get synced to the forums eks dee

indeed it's a sad day but the good news is that every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end... or something like that. Essentially this is something that I'm only doing after watching the livechat be essentially useless to the majority of partners/users over the past 2 months. Sure some people chatted or got their question answered but it's FAR more common for people to get offline without getting help. Many of which spill over to twitter where I'm the only one on duty 24/7

I mean it was inevitable that it'd be replaced sooner or later, still it kind of sucks as many people really enjoyed it. At this point I'm just hoping the discord server will get better than I can remember it having been. It was a long time coming sadly.

I think we need to define "Many People" There was a time where it was active and that I'd hate myself for leaving it up later because of the constant dinging from chat. These days that's far from the case... I think historically yes it's served many people well but as of late it's... lost a lot of direction and the magic it once had.

Well, honestly I find it wrong to remove it.
Since it was not only a place where people discussed small topics and just chill, but also a place for new users to get a quick answer to a question related towards the forums.
Moving it all to discord will kind of ruin that flow, since it will require the user to have both a Freedom Forum Account and a Discord Account.

Since both are able to be logged into with Google we don't see that as a huge problem TBH. As for the support ticket system I really don't understand these users since they can tweet at @FreedomFAQ, Email [email protected], log in through the dashboard, or create an account on the support portal itself. I think the issue there is more with them being scared to try because it looks scary and new... but that's one mans opinion. I'd be happy to hear yours if you have a thought that could help solve the problem of perception there! :)

The perk to this is that current forum mods will also be mods of Discord (if they choose to be) meaning greater insight and flexibility for edge cases such as this.

1up
Yes I am banned there too and agree quite a bit...

Why? Have you asked to become part of the mod team? I'd be glad to bestow this power on you because of your prior service and high level of contributions in the past to the whole community.

As a member of the team, I do not like the idea of general discussion moving to Discord.
If this does go through, I am not in *any shape or form* going to help keep the Discord chat moderated, since I joined to help the team on the forums, I did not use Discord because the users over there are disrespectful.

I rest my case.

I'm taken aback a bit by your commitment to impede progress rather than assist with it. I'm not saying you have to love this decision but I was hoping for more open dialogue especially from our own forum admins/mods... We don't get anywhere by putting up walls, we solve problems by talking about ways to solve problems and acting as examples in the community... SMH

The banner probably should be reworded. I don't think it's an immediate thing just getting people used to using the discord.

Even if Discord is the main Freedom! chat it would be nice to keep the forum chat for quick forum response.

The forum chat was once a killer feature of the forums... these days it's a shell of it's former self. The application you're talking about can be solved by encourraging users/mods/admins to watch this page more frequently which will catch even those people who leave before they get an answer. The chat just isn't the ideal. For example there were 2 people idling in the chat when I started writing this. When I look now here's what I see. it's a ghost town where people get answers 30 minutes after they ask (if they think to check back at all) and it's far more embarrassing than it needs to be for our community.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Oh Jeez, let's take this one hit at a time shal we?

MMM,

Why try to save a chat that as of this writing has 2 people online and 0 (other than myself) admins/mods watching? It's bad form to keep it open just because. I've been watching the chat for about 2 months now. Rarely do mods/admins show up (with a couple exceptions) to make themselves known, and it's even more rare for people to get a response while they are actually online. I've looked today and it seems better but I fear that this life support won't last and isn't worth the time spent on it where admins/mods could be more helpful to the community and the company.

We're still trying to figure this out. the change is a month or two off so we're just notifying people that we are looking for a better way to serve them and... like actually provide them people to talk to. Discord is the obvious winner here as far as users, marketshare, and ability to moderate.

indeed it's a sad day but the good news is that every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end... or something like that. Essentially this is something that I'm only doing after watching the livechat be essentially useless to the majority of partners/users over the past 2 months. Sure some people chatted or got their question answered but it's FAR more common for people to get offline without getting help. Many of which spill over to twitter where I'm the only one on duty 24/7

I think we need to define "Many People" There was a time where it was active and that I'd hate myself for leaving it up later because of the constant dinging from chat. These days that's far from the case... I think historically yes it's served many people well but as of late it's... lost a lot of direction and the magic it once had.

Since both are able to be logged into with Google we don't see that as a huge problem TBH. As for the support ticket system I really don't understand these users since they can tweet at @FreedomFAQ, Email [email protected], log in through the dashboard, or create an account on the support portal itself. I think the issue there is more with them being scared to try because it looks scary and new... but that's one mans opinion. I'd be happy to hear yours if you have a thought that could help solve the problem of perception there! :)

The perk to this is that current forum mods will also be mods of Discord (if they choose to be) meaning greater insight and flexibility for edge cases such as this.

Why? Have you asked to become part of the mod team? I'd be glad to bestow this power on you because of your prior service and high level of contributions in the past to the whole community.

I'm taken aback a bit by your commitment to impede progress rather than assist with it. I'm not saying you have to love this decision but I was hoping for more open dialogue especially from our own forum admins/mods... We don't get anywhere by putting up walls, we solve problems by talking about ways to solve problems and acting as examples in the community... SMH

The forum chat was once a killer feature of the forums... these days it's a shell of it's former self. The application you're talking about can be solved by encourraging users/mods/admins to watch this page more frequently which will catch even those people who leave before they get an answer. The chat just isn't the ideal. For example there were 2 people idling in the chat when I started writing this. When I look now here's what I see. it's a ghost town where people get answers 30 minutes after they ask (if they think to check back at all) and it's far more embarrassing than it needs to be for our community.

I actually have to agree with some of the stuff you said there Anthony.
I do believe the forum chat has been quite dead and is not being used as much as it used to and I would actually like to see a push for discord to be better known and more active however I would like to see the forum chat stay atleast for those who just want to ask a quick question when others are on rather then going off the forums.

Maybe we could get a user feedback/user voice panel going or a forum wide poll sent out about this to get people's feedback and opinions?

Thanks for taking the time to give us your insight into this.[DOUBLEPOST=1494838954][/DOUBLEPOST]
The banner probably should be reworded. I don't think it's an immediate thing just getting people used to using the discord.

Even if Discord is the main Freedom! chat it would be nice to keep the forum chat for quick forum response.

Yea! Discord is a great application but I do believe the chat should stay atleast for those who want a quick way to talk to people who are on the forums without switching platforms.

I did, didn't make the banners though.

Just realized links are still disabled in signature still -_-

#KoalaFailed :p

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder

Right, let's word this in a way which is understandable for both us and the community.

I did not join, or continue to work in order to impede any progress that we are pushing. My main goal was to make the forums, and the community better. That being said, moving to Discord isn't the problem I have here, it is how it is monitored and moderated at the moment which pulls me away from wanting to help.

In many instances, people are being permanently banned and removed for such silly comments which cause no harm, of which if placed in our chat, would be taken with more leniency. This indicates the rules they are bound by are too strict.

I do, however, want to focus your attention on the time I made that comment. That was made before anyone in the team had mentioned the true meaning of what it meant, which in this case, caused me to feel cheated due to the idea of removing what started my time as a moderator in this team. - Now, if someone had mentioned it to me and we had a general discussion about this (from what I remember, I do not recall one), I would be a little more lenient and less spiteful with my decision.

Nevertheless, if I was to reconsider and help the Discord, the following things would be my recommendations.
  • Be more lenient (Consider what is actually harmful, silly comments can be left alone)
  • Renew the rules, they are old, outdated and need to be changed!
  • Give the right to appeal the ban, because some of the reasons are outrageous!
  • Reconsider your role, stop acting cocky (some of you moderators on there..)
I think that should rest that.
I have felt welcomed on the forums, but I cannot say the same for the Discord.
I think it might be time for some change on the Discord..