YouTube Recording and Popular Content

Odenrein

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2017
YouTube
Gday everybody, Odenrein here.

My question to you is what do you all use to record and edit. Even what platform you are on if your a gaming channel.

I personally use the ps4 share function to record (as I'm currently broke) and Adobe Premiere Pro CC to Edit.

This brings me to the next part of my question which is how do you decide what type of content to make and/or think of ideas. Do you think more of the content you enjoy making or the content your viewers enjoy watching? Do you record a normal vanilla series or think of an outside the box or fun video idea?

Personally I believe if you create the content you enjoy making it will be the content others enjoy watching. I just wanted to hear the creative process behind all your videos

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
I use Adobe Premiere 2015. I'm on a Monthly plan and I love the program. To record, I use OBS classic because I think xSplit and complete garbage and hard to set up and I just don't like the feel of it overall.

A couple of years ago when I was console gaming, I used an El Gato capture card that was plugged into both my laptop & my 360.

I switched over the PC gaming last year. At first, I was trying to go with what would get me views and subs: Call of Duty, CSGO, etc. But I got tired of playing games that I didn't enjoy at all. For CSGO, I was just making montages and best moment clips and was pretty bored of doing that. So now, I just kind of look at my library in Steam and or check the Steam Store to see if there's any good sales going on and will just buy random games to try.

After switching to silly games and whatnot, I've noticed I had an increase in views but a decrease in subs since 80% of my fan base was from CSGO. But ah well.

At least I enjoy making the content now.

Odenrein

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2017
YouTube
I use Adobe Premiere 2015. I'm on a Monthly plan and I love the program. To record, I use OBS classic because I think xSplit and complete garbage and hard to set up and I just don't like the feel of it overall.

A couple of years ago when I was console gaming, I used an El Gato capture card that was plugged into both my laptop & my 360.

I switched over the PC gaming last year. At first, I was trying to go with what would get me views and subs: Call of Duty, CSGO, etc. But I got tired of playing games that I didn't enjoy at all. For CSGO, I was just making montages and best moment clips and was pretty bored of doing that. So now, I just kind of look at my library in Steam and or check the Steam Store to see if there's any good sales going on and will just buy random games to try.

After switching to silly games and whatnot, I've noticed I had an increase in views but a decrease in subs since 80% of my fan base was from CSGO. But ah well.

At least I enjoy making the content now.
Cool that sounds like quite a journey and different types of content very interesting

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
Cool that sounds like quite a journey and different types of content very interesting

Yeah, I went from recording Battlefield, Call of Duty & CSGO to games like Fallout 4, Simulation games, random vlogs and random JRPG's. The more fun I have with my channel, the Happier I am. I wasn't very happy playing CSGO and it showed in my personal life.

Odenrein

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2017
YouTube
Yeah, I went from recording Battlefield, Call of Duty & CSGO to games like Fallout 4, Simulation games, random vlogs and random JRPG's. The more fun I have with my channel, the Happier I am. I wasn't very happy playing CSGO and it showed in my personal life.
Yeah it's understandable and your also producing better content when you play what you like not what you think others do

D

Deleted member 17740

Personally i use OBS to record, gimp to make the thumbnails and sony movie studios 12.0 to edit the videos
:D

erickismeme

Rising User
Feb 7, 2017
YouTube
erickismeme
Gday everybody, Odenrein here.

My question to you is what do you all use to record and edit. Even what platform you are on if your a gaming channel.

I personally use the ps4 share function to record (as I'm currently broke) and Adobe Premiere Pro CC to Edit.

This brings me to the next part of my question which is how do you decide what type of content to make and/or think of ideas. Do you think more of the content you enjoy making or the content your viewers enjoy watching? Do you record a normal vanilla series or think of an outside the box or fun video idea?

Personally I believe if you create the content you enjoy making it will be the content others enjoy watching. I just wanted to hear the creative process behind all your videos

i use el gato the original one, and edit in sony vegas 13. I make videos off of what my friends and I are playing that day