What are your thoughts on #FUPA

lmacca

Rising User
Jun 5, 2016
YouTube
FUPA is stand for fair use after h3h3 productions was sued and the community come together to raise over 150k for the legal defense i would love to hear other peoples thoughts on #FUPA

InnocentMusik

Musician and amateur composer/producer
Freedom! Member
http://time.com/4349864/ethan-klein-h3h3productions-fair-use-protection-account-fupa/

Here you go, an article from Times Magazine.

Hearing about this, I was wondering what did H3H3 did to this guy that was suing.I haven't watched the video of that H3H3 video but seems like there's an reupload of it. So I can't make any judgment. All I can say is that fair use is too broad of a term, makes it too easy to abuse this system.

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
Here's the link to a video h3h3 made explaining the whole situation.

So what I've understood so far is that someone got made fun of on one of h3h3's videos, and didn't like it, so he sued h3h3. If you think that sounds silly, you should watch the video and see what the terms of settlement were. Wow. Just, wow...

I do like what has come out of the whole situation. Majority of the money raised for the lawsuit was stored into an account under the protection of Morrison Lee and will only be used for the purpose of fair use protection and to support people who are being bullied through such lawsuits.