YouTube Youtube Editor Is Gone

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
Today the YouTube editor is gone and while some people don't even know it's there, others used it. I used it for the easy accessibility of it. While you couldn't add special effects or add outside media files, it was sufficient enough for people who don't need a lot of editing for their videos. Did any of you ever use the YouTube editor or even knew it was there?

JarsphoneUltimate

Rising User
Sep 20, 2017
YouTube
JarsphoneU
I've seen it but I haven't really used it, I do all my editing in Vegas Pro and double check my videos before I release them... Though the Youtube editor was good for fast patches but not the best editor by any means lol

Geist

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
YouTube
WanderingVA
Eh, it was better to edit with outside programs like sony vegas or cyberpower director first before editing anything into youtube first. At least in my opinion.

Ryan Bromm

New User
Sep 24, 2017
YouTube
People who use it should try using other programs like Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas, iMovie, etc, will produce much better content imo

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
RIP YouTube editor. Used it a few times for some quick work when I don't have my editing laptop with me.

Sent from my boat using Tapatalk

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Today the YouTube editor is gone and while some people don't even know it's there, others used it. I used it for the easy accessibility of it. While you couldn't add special effects or add outside media files, it was sufficient enough for people who don't need a lot of editing for their videos. Did any of you ever use the YouTube editor or even knew it was there?
I knew the feature was there and tried it once but besides that never used it.

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Respected User
Freedom! Member
youtube editor was good for people who are starting out on youtube, but I still think its best for content creators to invest in editing software, there are some free basic ones out there or some professional ones for a cost, me persoanlly I use Sony Movie Studio 13 on steam to edit my videos but i I started out using Windows Movie Maker when I began making videos in 2010.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I knew it was there, but I never used it, so I didn't even notice when it was gone.

Fluffy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2014
California
YouTube
FluffysGames
I used it very rarely (maybe two or three times over the course of almost 6 years). Though it had minimal features & functionality, it's rather disheartening to see it gone. There may be new-to-the-scene creators who may not have access to a pricey software suite with which to make professional touchups, and YT's editor provided to them some of the basics for video production. But now that's gone...